CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Watch D.O.G.S.

I have to brag on my hubby just a little... Today was his day to be the Watchdog at school. I love hearing about his day with all the kids. For the past 2 1/2 years he has participated in Jillian's school program called Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students). It is a terrific program where dads, grandpas, uncles, brothers, any male role model in a child's life, volunteers at the school for at least one day of the year (Joe usually gets 3 or 4 days). They help in classrooms, at lunch, "check the perimeter" of the school every hour, and overall provide the kids with a positive male role model & provide extra security for the school.

I am so impressed with all the dads at our little school. I don't think we ever have a school day where there is NOT a Watchdog on duty. It is just a terrific program (did I say that already?).


We don't have Joe's picture yet from this year, but here is my dad on his day with my brother Zach, nephew Jimmy, and my Jillian.


Notice: the other perk of being a WD is you get to carry a big walkie-talkie clearly dad loves this ;-) . Also, the kids of the dad (or papa in this case) get to wear their matching t-shirts, which they are MORE than proud to do on their day.


No comments: