CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Jarrett Update


So, the nurse came by today to show me how to work the EasyPod that I will use to give Jarrett his shots. I have been doing a TON of research on this whole hormone thing. I have decided that there are a lot of scary facts that I don't even want to think about again, but in a nutshell, GH Growth hormone is the key to all cell growth and reproduction and can effect heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and so much more!

I was so thrilled that the nurse was also a mother of a son who has gone through this same thing. We talked about my reservations and she had the same ones at first. Also, I found out that the shots are sub-cutaneous which means they only have to go under the skin and not deep in the muscle. I even had her give me a shot so I would know exactly how it would feel. That is a REALLY BIG DEAL if you know me and my paralyzing fear of needles. I almost cried when it was over - not because of pain - but the exact opposite. I could hardly feel a THING! I had been agonizing for the past several weeks at how awful this was going to be for my baby & it wasn't even that bad! Plus, this EasyPod device is super easy to use. I just load the needle and it does everything else... It even keeps track of when he gets this doses so his dr can download the info at our appts - and Jarrett's favorite part is when we turn it on, there is a picture of a red racecar and in big letters: HELLO JARRETT - it's realy quite neat.

So, we start tonight.... wish us luck.

1 comment:

danakay said...

Good Luck! We will be thinking about you guys!