CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day

I just love Thanksgiving! I love being around family, eating yummy food, and just relaxing. We did dinner twice this year. Thursday we spent at my dad's, ate turkey and watched the horns whomp on the aggies. A good day at the Mahoney house.
Friday, I cooked another meal for my mom and Joe's sister's family who were driving through Vegas back to Cali. I have to say I was pretty proud of myself for pulling it all together (I even made 3 pies). Although, I overestimated the size of the ham so it was a bit overdone but still tasty.
We only had 2 injuries - I got a good burn on my arm from the roll pan & Jarrett dislocated his elbow again. I got a band-aid & Jarrett got a trip to Urgent Care. He is such a trooper. We have to follow up with an orthopedic dr now to check his ligaments since this is the second time this has happened on he same elbow.
Hilight of the weekend: Jillian said the prayer on Friday & I about cried. She said a beautiful prayer of thanks for our 'shelter' and all the things we need. It was one of those I-can't-believe-that's-my-kid moments. She spoke way above her years. I guess I don't totally stink at this mom stuff.

No comments: