CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And the Winner Is.....

It never ceases to amaze me that I am part of an extraordinary group of immensly talented individuals. One of these days I will post the story of how I became a member of the Saints Unified Voices choir - almost by accident. Anyway, last Wednesday was the Pearl Awards. Here is the article with the list of nominees:
http://www.mormontimes.com/arts_entertainment/music/?id=4867
I think it is worth noting that we were nominated for a Holiday Song, and Holiday Album for our Christmas album from 2 years ago... Good music never dies I guess.

And the winner is..... Gladys Knight and the Saints Unied Voices for Best Group Recording Artist (second year in a row now). http://mormontimes.com/arts_entertainment/news/?id=5008 Well, I am just a little proud of my little group of friends. I know we don't do this work for fame and glory, but it sure feels good to be recognized every now and again.

p.s. I just told Joe about this on the phone and he says, "This with the Grammy... you really are my trophy wife." Sheesh

6 comments:

Travis and Rhonda said...

What a fantastic experience to be a part of such amazing group! Congrats!!!

Burt Family said...

Congrats! Happy to hear Joe has a 'trophy wife' now. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so awesome. I think you should post the story on your blog. What a great opportunity! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I just saw your comment on Ragan's blog site and I came over to say hi. I LOVE this background. Ragan is SO cool, isn't she? I love your music. So pretty. Your family looks sweet. Lots of J's! : )

Anna-Liisa said...

Jen, This is such a neat thing to be a part of.

Taralee said...

Hey there. I saw your blog on Facebook and I had to come see it :) It's so fun to reconnect with you. It's been a while since we've seen each other...I think it was a stake conf. or something. (I'm not sure).

My blog is tomtaralee.blogspot.com